Pet Surgery at Our Animal Hospital of Sullivan County
Providing the right pet care for your beloved pets may mean scheduling surgery for them at some point or other. At times like this, it really helps to know that your Animal Hospital of Sullivan County has the necessary equipment, skills and expertise to offer the best possible outcome and the easiest possible recovery. Here at the Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, each veterinarian on our team can give your pets the high standard of surgical care they need and deserve.
The Many Applications of Pet Surgery
Pet surgery can play a role in everything from routine preventative pet care to life-saving emergency treatment. Our Animal Hospital of Sullivan County’s surgical services include:
- Spaying and Neutering - Our Sullivan County veterinarian always recommend spaying and neutering in keeping with our emphasis on preventative pet care. Spay and neuter is more than just pregnancy prevention; it also removes the threat of uterine, testicular and ovarian cancer while drastically reducing the risk of other health dangers, from mammary cancer to heat-driven compulsive behaviors.
- Dental Surgery - The bacterial infiltration of an infected tooth can spread to other teeth, sometimes making extraction surgery necessary. Oral cancer is an even more dangerous, even potentially fatal threat. We can surgically remove an oral cancer tumor from your pet's mouth.
- Skin Lump Removal - Lumps on or just underneath the skin may be skin cancer, a common occurrence in pets. Most skin tumors are benign, but removal of the lump (lumpectomy) can help us make sure. If a biopsy reveals a malignancy, we can recommend further treatment options.
- Internal Surgery - When something is going wrong inside your pet's body, the Animal Hospital of Sullivan County can help. Our surgical skills enable us to perform procedures such as C-sections, and the removal of internal tumors, bladder stones, intestinal foreign bodies or obtain surgical biopsies.
- Orthopedic Surgery - If your pet has trouble lying down, standing up or moving quickly, joint pain or injury may be the reason. Your Sullivan Country veterinarian can diagnose the problem and treat medically if appropriate or refer your pet to a board certified orthopedic specialist.
- Emergency Surgery - Our Animal Hospital in Sullivan County can perform immediate surgery in response to emergency situations. Your Sullivan County veterinarian can reposition twisted digestive organs, remove foreign objects or dangerous bladder obstructions (such as stones), stabilized fractured bones and seal deep lacerations with sutures.
Spay & Nueter
Here at the Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, we provide first-rate veterinary care, including spay and neuter surgeries. If you reside in Ferndale, Monticello, Liberty, or anywhere else in Sullivan County, we want to be your animal hospital. Although spay and neuter is a relatively minor procedure, it may be the most important surgery your pet will ever have.
Why Is Spaying or Neutering So Important?
There are many reasons. The first is to reduce the number of unwanted animals. Many people think there will surely be enough homes for all new puppies and kittens. That could not be further from the truth. Lucky ones end up in animal shelters. While at these shelters, animals receive medical care, and some are even adopted into loving forever homes. However, the sad reality is that many animals who wind up in shelters never make it into a family. Many shelters are unfortunately forced to euthanize animals if they do not get adopted. They simply don't have enough space for all of them.
Another reason to have your pets spayed or neutered is to preserve their health. Females animals that have litter after litter or go through several heat cycles are at high risk for cancer. Males that are not neutered will roam to find a mate, putting them in all kinds of danger. Spay and neuter surgeries are virtually painless for pets and will ultimately prolong their lives. As a responsible veterinarian practice, we encourage spaying or neutering your pet. Our veterinary staff is highly skilled at performing these procedures.
Familiarize Yourself with Our Hospital
Throughout this website, there are various sections you can read. They will help you become familiar with our facility and what we do at the Animal Hospital of Sullivan County.
Schedule Routine Visits with Us
If you are already a patient of ours, make sure you and your pet stop in for routine visits. If you are not, stop in to meet us. Either way, the more you and your fur baby get to know us, the more comfortable you will both be when coming in for necessary veterinary care. Each of our doctors is a skilled veterinarian. Our support staff is also quite knowledgeable about pet care. Give us a call to schedule your appointment today.
At Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, we have worked hard to ensure that every pet in the Ferndale, Monticello, and Liberty areas has access to a trained veterinarian who can provide pet care to dogs, cats, and more. Our veterinarian team is highly qualified and would be honored to serve your pet. We can perform a variety of biopsies and surgical procedures to help your pet recover.
Types of Surgeries Performed
At Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, some of the most common surgical procedures we perform include:
Biopsies: We perform a variety of biopsies ranging from the mouth to the liver. A biopsy is a procedure that is used to isolate a small piece of tissue that can be analyzed under the microscope.
Urinary Obstructions: We can also treat urinary obstructions. There are a variety of reasons why a pet might have a urinary obstruction. These reasons include swelling from a disease or simple inflammation from a urinary tract infection. Regardless of the cause, we can treat it.
Fatty Growths: Sometimes called fatty corpuscles, these growths can be aesthetically unpleasant and might even be painful. We know how to remove them safely.
Mast Cell Tumors: Also called mastocytomas, these are among the most common tumors an animal might develop. Our surgical team can handle them quickly and safely.
Hip Dysplasia: This can seriously hamper a pet's ability to move. Fortunately, we have a lot of experience in dealing with this issue. We know how to correct hip dysplasia and improve your pet's quality of life.
Musculoskeletal Repairs: Whether your pet has suffered a broken or torn patella or ligament, we can reconstruct it with the help of our trained surgeons. Then, with physical therapy, your pet will be able to move without pain once again.
Stones: Kidney stones throughout the urinary tract can lead to a tremendous amount of pain. These stones can be surgically removed.
If your pet has surgical needs that need to be handled, then we want to be the provider to do exactly that.
Count on Us to Help You!
At Animal Hospital of Sullivan County, these are only a few of the many issues that our veterinary team can treat in Ferndale, Monticello, and Liberty. If you would like to learn more about how our veterinary team can care for dogs, cats, and more, then please give us a call today! We would love to meet you and your furry friend, so make an appointment with a member of our team! Our number is (845) 292-6711.