- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Pet Preventative Care in Ferndale NY
The Animal Hospital of Sullivan County is your source for pet preventative care. We're happy to offer all the best preventative treatments for dogs and cats in Sullivan County. Whether you own a cat or dog, young pet or old, we'll do our best to help your pet stay happy and healthy in Sullivan County. Below are some of the common preventative care measures we take to help pets avoid illnesses.
Preventative Care from Your Animal Hospital in Sullivan County
- Vaccines. Vaccines help pets avoid common illnesses and diseases. Pets are given their first vaccines when they're very young. As they get older, pets require booster shots to help them maintain immunity. We'll track your pet's vaccination schedule and let you know when your pet is due for more shots. We offer a variety of vaccines at our clinic, including the influenza vaccine (H3N2), rabies vaccine, crLyme chimeric recombinant Lyme vaccine, and a variety of core and non-core shots. In addition, we'll help you determine which types of vaccines are best for your pet. By evaluating your pet's lifestyle, we'll help you determine which (if any) non-core vaccines will help your pet stay healthy.
- Wellness exams. Every pet should get an annual wellness exam. During our routine checks, we'll inspect your pet's skin, teeth, coat, mouth, nose and so on. We'll also check your pet's blood and feces for signs of illness and diseases. Wellness exams help us detect problems with your pet's health when they're in their early stages. If we discover potential problems with your pet's health, we'll make recommendations for treatment. This treatment helps us stop illnesses before they become advanced.
- Heartworm, flea and tick prevention. Pets in Sullivan County are vulnerable to heartworms, fleas and ticks. As your pet's Sullivan County veterinarian, we'll help your pet avoid these problems by prescribing the right medications like Vectra and other preventatives. We'll also help by giving you advice. These services can help you pet avoid illnesses such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease and Anaplasmosis.
- Consultations. Whether you're new to pet ownership or have several pets at your home, we're happy to advise you on the best methods of pet care. We help answer pet owner questions about pet care, pet vaccines and other issues relating to pet disease prevention. We also administer nutrition and lifestyle advice to help pet owners take better care of their pets at home.
Contact Your Pet's Veterinarian in Ferndale NY
As your pet's veterinarian in Sullivan County, we'll help you take good care of your pet. Our nutrition advice, lifestyle advice, heartworm, flea and tick prevention, wellness exams and other preventative services can help your pet stay healthy and enjoy good quality of life. To find out more about our services, or to set up an appointment for your pet, contact The Animal Hospital of Sullivan County at 845-292-6711.